polyhouse farming is a method by which crops are grown under protective environment. It can provide temperature that is suitable to grow any type of plant. It is a protective mechanism where plants get what they need to produce quality output. It help farmers to grow crops whenever they want to. There are many factors that can be controlled in Poly house.
house farming" width="1600" height="1200" />
There are many countries where government invest quite good money for polyhouse farming. Farmers can use 50% of the land for producing crops while remaining 50% is used to support the cultivating land. A polyhouse farming is like a loop, some of these are in square or semi-circle shape. The heat inside these small buildings is control and plants are protected from solar radiation coming from sun, soil, and other things. Temperature is maintain based on the crop, with the help of roof and walls. Various factors are controlled so that final product is of high quality.
What are the advantages of polyhouse farming
- This structure is good for crop because it protect from wind, sunlight, rain, and other extreme conditions that can put bad effect on final product.
- There are some crops which can be grown in a particular temperature, this temperature can be maintained inside poly house.
- There is production of high quality crops through the year. Farmers can grow any plant by controlling factors such as water, wind, and light.
- There is protection from pests, birds, and other animals.
- Productivity is 10 times greater as compare to open air farming methods. The nutrition factor of these crops is higher, and they are protected from pests, weeds, and disease.
- Poly house is a great source of income for farmers who grow crops on small scale.
- It require minimum labor, fertilizer, and water to produce high quality crops
- Organize farming is much more easier under poly house
- Any land can be converted into Poly house for producing high quality crops
- Farmers can give fertilizers and irrigation on precise time
- If someone want to export final product, then it is possible with polyhouse farming.
polyhouse farming Profit
There is high return as compare to open air farming. Normally , polyhouse farming produce 8 times more crops, with high profit margin. It is estimated that poly house farming return as much as 90% of total yield during off seasons. The cost of poly house range from $90 to $100 per square meter, which is quite reasonable looking at the long term benefits it provide. Other factors such as cultivation cost is significantly low as compare to open Air farming.